Thursday, October 4, 2012

Picking Your Next Book

How do you pick your next book?

I was pondering this before starting "Cross Your Heart" by Carly Phillips.  I really wanted to pick a stand alone book and realized I don't have a lot of them on my TBR.  I have a LOT of series.  As you can see, I started yet another series, but I am ok with that because it is only a two book series.  =)  See my rationale?  ha ha

Seriously - when you pick out a series - do you read until you are 'up to date' or done with the series?  I have to say I do both.  With this series I am reading now, I am reading it back to back, but with other series - I read when the mood strikes. 

I love the "Virgin River" series but I can't see myself reading ALL those back to back to catch up. 

I think I am just all over the place with this one.  Am I the only one?

2 comments:

  1. It all depends. Sometimes I start to get burnt out so I will put that series down for a while. But there are a few that I have been able to read until caught up. Stephanie Plum was the most recent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on the series for me. If I really liked it, I will read till I get caught up. Otherwise I will read a couple and then start on something else. I just got bk 9 from one series and so far I have only read the first 2 in that series. Have all the others but haven't started reading them yet.

    ReplyDelete