Sunday, December 27, 2009

Book Review: "Blue Christmas" by Mary Kay Andrews



Book Review: "Blue Christmas" by Mary Kay Andrews

Book Description:


Deck the halls with romance, intrigue, and great antiques!


It's the week before Christmas, and antiques dealer Weezie Foley is in a frenzy to garnish her shop for the Savannah historical district contest. She's ready to shoot herself with her glue gun by the time she's done, but the results are stunning. She's certainly one-upped the owners of the trendy boutique around the corner, but suddenly things start to go missing from her display, and there seems to be a mysterious midnight visitor to her shop.


Still, Weezie has high hopes--perhaps in the form of an engagement ring from her chef boyfriend, though Daniel, always moody at the holidays, seems more distant than usual. But throw in Weezie's decidedly odd family, a 1950s Christmas tree pin, and even a little help from the King himself (Elvis, that is), and maybe there will be a pocketful of miracles for Weezie this Christmas Eve.

When looking for other books to read by this author I noticed that she has two "Savannah" books before. I am very anal about series readong so I am not sure if I should go back and read the two books beofre "Blue Christmas" or not. Or if this one is a stand alone book, so if you should have read the other two first. So if you know, please let me know.

I really enjoyed this book. This is the 2nd book I have read by her. This was a quick light read. I would recommend this book at any time of the year. I look forward to reading more books by Ms. Andrews.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment