Saturday, March 9, 2013

Book Review: "Paradise Valley" by Robyn Carr



Book Description:

Marine corporal Rick Sudder is home early from Iraq -- his tour ended abruptly on the battlefield. The carefree boy is gone, replaced by a man who believes his future is as bleak as his mirror image. But can the passion and commitment of a young woman who has never given up on him mend his broken body and shattered heart? As the people of Virgin River rally around Rick, another recent arrival tests the tightly knit mountain town's famous welcoming spirit. Dan Brady has a questionable past, and he's looking for a place to start over. He'd like it to be Virgin River -- …if he can find a way in. But he never expects to find it in the arms of a woman who was as much an outcast as himself. For a favorite son returned from war and an outsider looking for a home, Virgin River offers them a chance to make peace with the men they once were -- …and to find the dreams they thought they'd lost.

My thought:

This is book 7 in the "Virgin River" series.  This one was a lot 'darker' than the others in the series.  I also did not notice until I read another reviewer on this series about the language.  It didn't bother me - I am just more aware now.  =)

I am glad that the author is still sticking with the main characters and adding in new ones.  I know this is hard to do and be successful at it, but she does a great job of it.

This book has a couple of story lines in it at once.  It really keeps you from wanting to put the book down at times.  The author does a great job of moving from one story to another and back with ease for the reader.

I enjoyed this so much I am reading the next in the series right away.  Usually I give myself a break in between.  I do have a challenge for myself that I get caught up with the series this year.

This book is the one I chose for March for my key word Reading Challenge.

How are you doing in your reading challenges for the year?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment