Thursday, February 14, 2013

Book Review: "A Town Called Valentine" by Emma Cane



Book Description:

Welcome to Valentine Valley -- where broken hearts come home to mend, and true love may lie just across the range . . . — Emily Murphy never thought she’d return to her mom’s rustic hometown in the Colorado Mountains. But after her marriage in San Francisco falls apart, leaving her penniless and heartsick, she returns to her old family home to find a new direction for her life. On her first night back, though, a steamy encounter with handsome rancher Nate Thalberg is not the fresh start she had in mind...

Nate has good reason not to trust the determined beauty who just waltzed into town -- he’s no stranger to betrayal. Besides, she’s only there to sell her family’s old property and move back out. But as Nate and Emily begin working side-by-side to restore her time-worn building and old family secrets change Emily’s perception of herself, both are about to learn how difficult it is to hide from love in a place known far and wide for romance, family ties, and happily-ever-afters: a town called Valentine.


My thoughts:
I read this book as part of my Reading Challenge.  I am very happy for this challenge.  This book has been on my TBR shelf for awhile. 

This is a first in the series by Emma Cane.  This book focuses on Emily Murphy, who comes back to Valentine Valley to tie up some loose ends.  Here she makes friends and falls in love.  She is torn between her feelings and her desire to return to her previous life.  While in Valentine Valley she finds out a secret her deceased mother had kept from her so she also wants some answers before leaving.

I enjoyed this book a lot.  I am not sure if this is a first book by the author. If it isn't - she is new to me.  I will be looking forward to the next in the series, as well as seeing what else she has out there.

The book kept me involved - kept me a part of the story - Valentine Valley is a small town - I live in a small town.  I felt a part of Valentine Valley.  I couldn't wait to read what would happen next.

I can't wait for book #2.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment