Sunday, July 29, 2012

Book Review: "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks







Book Description:

THE BEST OF ME is the heart-rending story of two small-town former high school sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks. Now middle-aged, they've taken wildly divergent paths, but neither has lived the life they imagined . . . and neither can forget the passionate first love that forever altered their world. When they are both called back to their hometown for the funeral of the mentor who once gave them shelter, they will be forced to confront the choices each has made, and ask whether love can truly rewrite the past.

My thoughts:

Another great book by Nicholas Sparks.  The passion between Amanda and Dawson was so real.  To hear the back story and then going to the present and back and forth helped the story.  It made it flow so much better.

The story flows great and then at the ending..... I won't spoil it but it came out of nowhere.  Again Mr. Sparks amazes me with his writing.  I am still working on a lot of the earlier writings, but so far I have enjoyed all that I have ready by him.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Not to ruin it for other readers, I personally hated the ending. I feel if I want to read paranormal books there is a genre in the book world just for that. I think this should have been made known to all who think about reading this book that it is a paranormal book. I never would have read it had I known. I hate paranormal books, and especially when I didn't know ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you Gigi Ann!

    ReplyDelete