Sunday, July 8, 2012

 Whispering Rock (Virgin River, Bk 3)


Book Review: "Whispering Rock" by Robyn Carr

Book Description:  The tightly knit community of Virgin River has been a safe haven for more than a few lost souls over the years--and there's always room for more... — A decorated U.S. Marine reservist, LAPD officer Mike Valenzuela was badly wounded in the line of duty, but has found hope and healing in Virgin River. When he agrees to become the town's first cop, he does so knowing it's time he settled down. Twice divorced and the lover of too many women, he secretly longs for the kind of commitment and happiness his marine buddies have found--a woman who can tie up his heart forever. He finds that woman in Brie Sheridan, a Sacramento prosecutor who understands his drive to protect and serve. Virgin River becomes a safe haven for Brie after nearly losing her life at the hands of a crazed criminal. Though tough and courageous, she's got some fears she can't escape--but now she has someone who will show her just what it means to trust again.

Mike will do anything to help Brie free herself from painful memories. Passionate, strong and gentle, he vows to give back to her what she's so selflessly given him--her heart, and with it, a new beginning.


My thoughts:  This is the third in the "Virgin River" series.  I will admit it has been awhile since I have read the first two in the series, but it took nothing at all to remember all the main characters.  

This series reminds me so much of Debbie Macomber's "Cedar Cove" Series with a little more 'heat' (not too much heat though.) =)  I loved that series and continue to love this series by Robyn Carr.


I loved the story between Brie and Mike -  the story has you rooting for the couple throughout.  I love how the author ties the main characters with the current story line.  I do have a question for those out there that have completed the series (there are many more in this series and I believe it still is going).  My question is does this continue - the main characters continue to be a part of the books?  

Highly recommend this series.  

Happy Reading! 



2 comments:

  1. I can't help you with your questions, I haven't read any books in this series. It has been a few years since I've read a book by Robyn Carr. So glad you enjoyed it. I have read many of Debbie Macomber's books, she is one of my favorite authors. I like the fact that she keeps her books "G" rated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too Gigi! Robyn is G/PG rating. =) She reminds me a lot of Debbie Macomber.

    ReplyDelete