Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Review: "A Light at Winter's End" By Julia London



Book Description:

Holly Fisher opens her door one day and finds her estranged sister Hannah standing there with a glassy look and her nine-month old baby on her hip. Before Holly knows what is happening, Hannah has left her baby with Holly and disappeared. Three months later, fresh out of rehab for addiction to painkillers, Hannah shows up sober, contrite, and wanting her son back. But Holly is in love with the baby and not willing to give him up to the mother who abandoned him.

Into the middle of this extraordinary conflict between two sisters walks a lonesome cowboy, Wyatt Clark (Summer of Two Wishes) who knows a thing or two about childcare and fractured families. He’s had his own troubles and has stayed away from women the last couple of years, but he can’t resist Holly and the baby. But when Holly is delivered a devastating blow and returns the baby to his mother, Holly is too distraught to continue her relationship with Wyatt. It will take an extraordinary turn from Hannah to bring Holly and Wyatt together so that they both may find the happiness that has eluded them.


My thoughts:

After starting this book and looking up to post the picture for the blog, I noticed that this was book three in the series.  I have read book one.  If you have read previous posts, you will know I am very particular when it comes to series.  After my initial mini panic attack ha ha - I realized that I could read book two after this book.  This book has a character from book one, which I read.  So I carried on with reading this one as I couldn't put it down at this point.

In the first book, "Summer of Two Wishes" Wyatt Clark was introduced.   He is brought back in this book.  This is only the second book I have read by Julia London.  She writes a lot of historical romances, and those aren't my cup of tea. 

When I read the first book, I was entranced with the characters and story.  I was hoping this would be the case with this book.  I was not disappointed.  The author has a way to capture the reader with the story.  I couldn't put this down.  I didn't like having to put it down.  The conflicts that Holly had with her sister, having her nephew, with Wyatt, her job.... I couldn't wait to read what happened next.  I was very pleased with this book.  I hope there are more in the series, or that the author will continue to write more contemporary romances.

This book was my January book for the Reading Challenge I signed up for.  I hope all my picks are as good as this one.

Happy Reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment