Saturday, January 12, 2013

Book Review: "The Next Always" by Nora Roberts








Book Description:

The historic hotel in Boonsboro has endured war and peace, the changing of hands, and even rumored hauntings. Now it's getting a major face-lift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect in the family, Beckett's social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there's another project he's got his eye on: the girl he's been waiting to kiss since he was sixteen.

After losing her husband and returning to her hometown, Clare Brewster soon settles into her life as the mother of three young sons while running the town's bookstore.Though busy and with little time for romance, Clare is drawn across the street by Beckett's transformation of the old inn, wanting to take a closer look...at both the building and the man behind it.

With the grand opening inching closer, Beckett is happy to give Clare a private tour -- one room at a time, in between blueprint meetings and kindergarten pickups. It's no first date, but these stolen moments are the beginning of something that could arouse the secret yearning that resides in Clare's independent heart -- and open the door to the extraordinary adventure of what comes next...

  
My thoughts:

A lot of people are HUGE Nora Roberts fans.  I can't say I am NOT a fan, but I am probably one of the few that haven't read a lot of her books.  I have only read one series by her - the "Born In" series - "Born in Fire", "Born in Ice," and "Born in Shame."  That was many moons ago.  I enjoyed them, but for whatever reason I just haven't went back to her. 

This series was recommended by a co-worker.  We talk about books all the time and asked if I have read this.  She said if you haven't read a Nora Roberts series or haven't in awhile to read this.  I am glad I listened to her, as I didn't regret this book.


I could tell by the beginning that his series is about the Montgomery boys.  They are the typical brothers - love and pick on each other a lot.  I loved the banter between them.  I loved the hometown feeling of Boonsboro.  Very enjoyable.  I felt a part of the town and felt like it was very realistic.  

The storyline between Claire and Beckett - loved it.  I couldn't get enough.  It was hard with my schedule lately to find time to read and when I did it was too short of time for how good this book was.

I have the second and third book on my Wish List at Paperbackswap, but I might have to put a hold on them at the library too  - these were that good.

My coworker has already told me to read the 'bride' series too.  I think I will try and fit that in this year as well.

Happy Reading! 

2 comments:

  1. I heard so much about the bride series, that I went out and bought all four books at once. They weren't my favorite books to read, but that is just me. I really don't like the hot, steamy stories. Fall in bed first, think about marriage later, if at all. Just wasn't my kind of reading. I haven't read anything by her since. I really think I am of the wrong generation to enjoy her books. I hope you enjoy them more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gigi Ann. This book wasn't 'steamy'. Thank you for letting me know about the Bride books. Maybe I will get the first one at the library when I am ready. =)

    ReplyDelete